- ~ Chickfactor NYC (Gail) 245 East 19th Street #12T, New York,
NY 10003 USA
- ~ Chickfactor DC (Pam) Kalorama Station, Box 21685, Washington,
- Edited by Gail O'Hara and our own Pam Berry. US$3.00 each.
- The best. Mostly that East Coast US indie scene.
- #2 (Spring '93): Bridget Unrest, Heavenly, Jane Pow and
the infamous indiepop scene "crush list". Almost gone; try Pam.
- #6 (Summer '94): Versus, The Pastels, Candice K, The
Magnetic Fields, Liz Cox, The Cat's Miaow, and more!
- #7: (Fall '94): Robert Pollard of Guided By Voices, Team
Dresch, Blairmailer, Clare Sarah Records, Mark Eitzel of American
Music Club, Mary Lou Lord, Stella Marrs, Romania, pop star fantasy
dates, the crush list redux, and "an unprecedented amount of utter
- Dewdrops ~ 1817 Corinth Avenue #10, Los
Angeles, CA 90025-5567 USA
- Edited by our own Brant Nelson
- Primary focus is on Cocteau Twins, 4AD Records, and similar
sounds. Dewdrops releases records, too.
- More information here
- Emily's Hip Pocket ~ 1475 Latson Road, Howell, MI 48843 USA
- Written by our own Chip
- Chip is the honcho of Audrey's Diary Records and the late
lamented Veronica Lake.
- File 13 ~ Box 175,
Concord, MA 01742 USA
- Written by Mark Lo.
- Grimsby Fishmarket ~
records from the cookie nose tower, Rasundavagen 108, S-171 37
- #5: in English, comes with CHOCOLATE
BERRY flexi. Price: 4 UKP/10 DM/US$6.50/700 Yen/9 FF/50 Crowns.
- #1-#3: in Swedish. Price: 5 UKP/US$8.00/equivalent for all three.
- Incite ~ P.O. Box 649, Cambridge, MA 02238 USA
- Written by our own Tim
Alborn, mild-mannered Harvard history professor by day, Indie Rock
Monster by night. Tim also runs Harriet Records.
- For Paper Airplane Pilots ~ P.O. Box
12011, Gainesville, FL 32604 USA
- Most recent issue features Low, Boyracer, Nothing Painted Blue,
Crayon's road trip, Cub report on Yo-Yo-A-Go-Go festival, reviews,
beer, and so on. Two dollars.
- Jaboni Youth ~ P.O. Box
200069, New Haven, CT 06520-0069 USA
- Written by our own Alec Jaboni
- #3: Mark Robinson (Unrest/Air Miami/Grenadine/Teenbeat), Jawbox,
Baby Tooth, comics, Funny Faces of Indie Rock, reviews
- #2: Damon (Swirlies), Bridget (Unrest/Air Miami), funny calls to
1-800 numbers, my angst, why drummers suck, scary fan mail, reviews,
- #1: Lou Barlow, fortune cookies, cow trading cards and more...the
other issue's are much better...I was young
- US$2.00 each, or three/$5.00. Outside the US add $0.50 for extra
postage. Checks payable to Alec Bemis.
- #4 (late March?) will have: A tape comp with stuff by Six Cents
and Natalie, Franklin Bruno, The Bloody Hawaiians (John Mountain
Goats, Mark of WCKR SPGT, and Joel of Car-in-Car Disco Product),
Pumpernickel, Holiday, Zaius (Peter of Splashdown zine), and many
others; interviews with Dennis of Shrimper, Versus, and Jeff of June
of '44 and Rodan; swank two color cover; reviews; more indie rock
funny faces; more
- My Brightest Summer ~ 985 Providence Sq. #209, Virginia Beach,
VA 23464-4301 USA
- Written by our own Walt(er)
- #2: Tsunami, Hem, Versus, Rocketship, Merge 5th anniversary
fest, Indie Rock Flea Market, reviews. US$2?
- Popwatch ~ P.O. Box 440215, Somerville,
MA 02144 USA
- Share The Modern World With Me
- ~ 155 North Dean Street, 4th Floor, Englewood, New Jersey 07631 USA
- Edited by our own Matthew
- Next issue will have interviews with Vic Godard, Mike Alway,
Heavenly, Pooh Sticks and a whole lot more.
- Check out the Ezine version
- Splashdown ~ Apt. 3204, 188 East 64th
Street, New York, NY 10021
- Written by our own Peter
- #2: Bunnygrunt, Lorelei, Swirlies (Seana tells why she left) and
Unrest (Mark tells why they broke up), plus Small Factory, Honeybunch,
Boo Radleys, Pavement, etc.
- #3: Tattle Tale, Versus, Kicking Giant, Slowdive, Mike from
Slumberland, Bill from Pop Narcotic, plus Tiger Trap's final show,
Butterglory, Wedding Present, etc. (and a snazzy color cover!)
- #3 is US$2, #2 is US$1 + 2 stamps, or US$3 for both!
- ViVid ~ c/o Juliette, 1664 Fulton Street,
San Francisco, CA 94117 USA
- Written by our own Juliette
- #1: Simple Machines, reviews, fiction & artwork (limited number left)
- #2: Veruca Salt, Kristin & Jenny (Tsunami), Helmet, Frente!,
Projekt Records, She Never Blinks, Compulsion, Bracket, Derek Hess,
reviews, poetry, fiction
- #3 (late February): Jale, Juicy (Slow River), Violet (Juliette's
band), Sebadoh, Throwing Muses, ViVid Mailorder Catalog, and a new
regular column by Kristin & Mickey of Simple Machines
- US$2.00 postpaid (concealed cash or check payable to Juliette
Morris). International orders add $1.00.
- Warped Reality ~ P.O.
Box 2515, Providence, RI 02906 USA
- Edited by Andrea Feldman and our own Susan Curran
- Focuses on women in indie music. $2.50 each, payable to Andrea Feldman.
- #1: His Name is Alive, Belly, God is My Co-Pilot
- #2: 4AD special with Kristin Hersh, Chris Bigg of v23, The
Breeders, Miranda Sex Garden and Big Hat
- #3: Liz Phair, Stereolab, The Raincoats, Helium, Scarce,
and the Glee Club (out soon)
- #4: Tori Amos, Pram, Laika and Lois (still a long ways off)
- You Could Do Worse
- Written by our own Rob Galgano
- P.O. Box 74647, Cedar Rapids, IA 52407 USA (checks/
money orders in US$ payable to Rob Galgano)
- #3 is $3.00 ppd. Back issues $3.50 each, 2 for $5.00.
Subscriptions $7.50 for 3 issues
- #1: Yo La Tengo, Tommy Keene, The Loud Family, The Hang
Ups, Grifters, Buffalo Tom
- #2: Luna, Low, Five-Eight, The Connells, Possum Dixon, Wake
- #3: Tsunami, Pavement, Polvo, Gastr del Sol, Barnabys, The
Moon Seven Times, Jeff Buckley, The London Suede, plus 250+ music
reviews, plus zine & live reviews and ... drug war (part 2), humor, and
our first techno/ambient column. so there.